Saturday, October 22, 2016

3 to Inspire with Claudia


Good morning! This week I'm hosting the 3 to inspire weekly challenge and I'm so excited to be here with you today. This is my first post since joining the team and I can't wait to share more of my work with you.

Here are the 3 prompts for this week:
1. Use a black and white photo
2. Get creative with the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Ephemera
3. Use at least 2 strips of patterned paper with torn edges

The first thing I did was decide which papers I wanted to use for the strips at the top. I decided on that gorgeous bird paper and the wooden one to create a little bit of balance. When it comes to tearing up the edges; anything goes! There's no right or wrong way to do this so tear away! If you want, you could fold up the edges so the other side of the paper is visible in a subtle way.

I personally really love using black and white photos because it makes it so much easier to find colors that match (pretty much all colors). 


I love the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Ephemera that came in the Main kit this month so I wanted to try and use up as many of them as I could. Most of the time I just select a few bits and pieces that go with my layout but this time I actually pulled out the ephemera pieces first, decided on their placement, and then picked out my photo and everything else.

 
The ephemera pieces are the main 'feature' on this layout, but I needed something to fill in the empty spaces. These exclusive puffy stickers were perfect to do just that; they are also a great way to add a pop of a certain color to your layout. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing this layout and that you will feel inspired to play along this week. Use the three prompts to create your own projects and share them with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum. You can share them on Instagram too! Don't forget to tag @citrustwistkits and hashtag #citrustwistkits #ctk3toinspire.

xo Claudia



No comments:

Post a Comment